Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Their First Baby Dolls




I bought Sammie and Cate their first baby dolls today. I was inspired after their follow-up Early Intervention assessment yesterday when one of the ladies pulled out a doll and the girls fought over it like mad. Maybe it was time they had one? So we went to Target and I bought newborn baby dolls...one pink and blue with hazel eyes and another pink and purple with blue eyes. I've never seen a reaction to a toy like this...ever. They were completed OVERJOYED. They couldn't contain themselves as I got the dolls out of their boxes. They both were pulling at the dolls, and then when Sammie's finally was freed, she grabbed it and held it up in the air and just started cackling. They hugged them and kissed them as if they were long-lost children from their pre-mortal state. Sammie is in the hippo jammies kissing her baby and hugging it in the bed. Cate was just proud to hold it up every time I came into the room...a bit like Simba on the lion king. Such proud mommies...just like I am:)

1 comment:

Sherrie said...

Sophia had a similar reaction one day when we went down the pink dolly aisle at Wal-mart. With all of the age appropriate gender neutral toys at our house I didn't think it necessary to splurge on another toy. The dolly proved to NOT be just any other toy. Once she could talk, she made an interesting distinction between dollys (cabbage patch...) and baby dollies (the ones that look semi-real and a little freaky). She much prefers the baby dolls. They really are wired.